SureSmile® clear aligners
You’re getting braces, and while you’re excited about having that great smile, you may be nervous about wearing the wires and brackets. Well, there is a new orthodontic system that makes straightening your teeth with braces a lot faster and easier compared to conventional orthodontic treatment. It’s called SureSmile®, and it’s changing the way people feel about their braces.
What do teeth aligners fix?
Teeth aligners are a versatile treatment option for various orthodontic issues. Depending on the patient’s age and preferences, we can use teeth aligners to treat almost everything braces can. When you arrive for your initial consultation, we’ll help you identify any outstanding issues to determine if you’re a good fit for clear aligners.
At Mik Ortho, we treat patients with clear aligners for various teeth and jaw issues, including:
About SureSmile technology
Through the use of SureSmile technology, we can offer you a “braces experience” that provides:
- Shorter treatment times
- Fewer office visits
- Less overall discomfort
Our technology-driven orthodontic process offers several important benefits that make the whole “braces experience” much easier for patients than conventional orthodontics!
You’ve probably heard from friends or family members that wearing braces is a long-term commitment, taking two years on average. While that may be true of traditional orthodontic treatments, it’s not true for SureSmile. Through the use of SureSmile’s sophisticated 3-D imaging, treatment planning, and customized precision archwires, we can reduce treatment time compared to that of conventional braces.
In addition to shortening treatment times, the greater efficiency of the SureSmile system also helps reduce the number of wire changes and adjustments you’ll need, and that means fewer trips to the orthodontist. The SureSmile system’s 3-D software lets us analyze how to effectively and efficiently align your teeth. Through this software, personalized archwires are designed to move your teeth into proper alignment smoothly and directly, reducing the number of maintenance visits.
Anyone who has worn braces will probably tell you that wire adjustments and changes were the least favorite part of the process because they usually caused discomfort. Fortunately, the SureSmile system is engineered to maximize therapeutic efficiency of each wire, significantly reducing the number of adjustments needed. This means fewer episodes of discomfort over the course of your treatment.
Benefits of dental aligners
This type of dental treatment offers an exceptional alternative to traditional braces. They are a popular option for patients concerned with their appearance during treatment. In addition to being invisible, these appliances are:
- Comfortable: Each clear aligner set is designed to accommodate your teeth, and many patients enjoy their personalized fit and comfort.
- Easy-to-clean: Cleaning your teeth and appliances is crucial for all orthodontic treatments. You can remove and individually clean your aligners, making it easy to maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Removable: Though we don’t recommend removing your aligners for more than two hours per day, you’re free to take them out whenever you eat or smile for a picture.
- Helpful for teeth grinding: They consist of durable plastic and can function as a mouthguard if you grind your teeth at night. However, you may need to discuss other options with your orthodontist if you have severe teeth grinding issues.
- Manageable: The length of your treatment will depend on your unique case and desired outcome, but you can see results in as little as six months with proper care and attention.